Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship grant, applicants must have a parent who has been killed or seriously injured as a result of a work related accident that meets the criteria of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act and that has resulted in demonstrated financial need. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be between the ages of 16-25 at the time of the full disbursement of the Kids’ Chance Inc. of Illinois, scholarship award.
- Student applicant and/or deceased/injured worker are not required to be a legal resident of Illinois.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must have achieved a high school diploma by the time of the first disbursement of the scholarship award.
- Applicant must be enrolled, accepted or applying for acceptance as a full-time or part-time student at an accredited university, college or technical school.
Download Application Here. Please see the application for the submission instructions.
Planning for College
If you’re not yet 16, please complete the form on KCOA Planning for the Future website. When the time is right, we will contact you to start the scholarship application process so that your child may be considered for scholarship support from Kids’ Chance.